Saturday, March 5, 2016

Slow and Steady

This week was a little slower than most. I did reach out to a few more N.A.U. faculty members to talk about their work, and most got back to me. We are planning to meet after Spring Break. One of the faculty members is Ms. Holly Yeager, who is the Career Development Coordinator for the Professional Science Masters Program in Climate Science and Solutions (CSS). Her job is to basically help students find a career path in climate study and sustainability, so I look forward to hearing how successful she has been helping students, and to hear the different career options students actually have in these fields.
I am still analyzing and comparing materials as well, this week and next week I'll be looking into the manufacturing process of insulation. I am going to be comparing the different types for specific buildings, the advantages/disadvantages of those types, and the different individual raw materials that go into each kind of insulation.
I still haven't had a chance to look at Dr. Moline's adobe house yet due to scheduling complications, but fingers crossed it all works out for next week!


2 comments:

  1. Do you plan on pursuing a career in sustainability?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an option, but I don't really know yet.

    ReplyDelete